Thursday, June 3, 2010

Get down

I've had a goal for weight loss for over seven weeks now. My total loss so far is just 2.6#. That's not a good sign.

I have been reasonable with my diet, but not great. I've have been good with my workouts, but not intense. I have been diligent, but not consistent.

It's the "but nots" that have stymied me.

I want to weigh less. I want to look and feel better. I want to not have this gut.

But wanting something is not the same as doing something about it. I know this. And while knowing is half the battle, the other half is effort. I don't think I've been doing much on that half lately.

Keeping a diet record these last three days has been good. I can see that my diet isn't horrible. It's about 2000 calories a day. That's maintenance weight for me. Especially with the foods that I eat. To lose, I need to aim at about 1800 a day. A rather different amount of food. And I need to really cut back on the starches and sugars.

I have done some good things. I have made some good changes. I skip out on fries and burgers. I don't drink any cola. I drink a lot more water. I get to the gym.

But I haven't done some of the things I should be doing. I'm not consistent with fruit, and don't eat enough veg. I do not get the amount or kind of sleep that I should be getting.

These are all changes that impact the choices I make. Why I haven't made them, I'm not sure. But, I think it's time for some adjustements in the way I carry out my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment