Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fat guy!

That's me. The fat guy.

A bit of history, 'cause I can. Around 10 years back, I was out of school, and started to gain some weight. Just a bit, then a whole bunch. Maxed out at around 240 to 250 pounds. Didn't like it, so I dieted and tried to do more workout stuff.

Over time, with many trials and errors, I have managed to hit a low of 175 pounds. That was several years ago. Since then, the weight has bounced between 180 and 200 pounds.

Weight and I have been enemies for a long time. Nearly 10 years of trying to keep myself where I am comfortable, but also not starving.

I am currently just about 216 pounds, and have very recently been as high as 220. I don't like it. I want to change it. But, I need to find a way that is both constructive, and also cheap.

I do know of bodyweight things I can do. All I need, is just to start doing them. Squats, push ups, jumping, walking, running, and whatever else I can do to be physically active.

With that, I need to start really watching what and how much I put in my mouth. That's crucial, and also very difficult for me. Still, if I am to make any progress, I need to get started.

So, this is , more or less, a message to myself. Time to get started. Time to stop dallying about and actually get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment