Saturday, March 26, 2011

Book 6: Harry Potter und der Kamer des Schreckens

I have finally managed to finish off the second book in the Harry Potter series. In German. Buoyed by my impending completion, I went out and bought book three: Harry Potter und der Gefangene des Azkaban.

I do like the Harry Potter series. Enough that I am enjoying my re-reading of the books. The language is about on par with where I am for reading, and the story is straightforward enough to follow along, without being so confusing on who and what is happening.

I've been enjoying it so much, that I have decided to use the books as a grounding for learning some French. In that spirit, I ordered book one, Harry Potter a l'ecole des Sorciers (sorry, no French accent marks available on this keyboard). I will use the French version as my bathroom book, and the German book will be my on-train book.

My overall book reading goal for the year is looking grimly unlikely. 100 books in English. No problem. 100 books in a combination of English, German and now French? Given that I am 3 months into the year and only 6 books done, it doesn't look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment