Friday, January 4, 2013

Difficulty level rising

Right.  Third day of the diet down and the first real difficulty starts to show up.  Irritability.  The swing in overall calories - especially sugars - has begun to show.  So, I was pretty irritable last night.

This morning  I woke hungry.  Which isn't a good thing.  The intent was to avoid morning snacks and just hold out until lunch, but that didn't happen in the end.   Bread and peanut butter to keep things happy all around.

Lunch was a bit extravagant on the calorie side of things.  A double leg chicken dinner with fries and roll.  I could have cut back the calories by ditching the roll and also by just getting a single leg.  That would have been at least a little bit better for me and the total counts.

I'm left with about 550 for the rest of the day, so no snacks and a vegetarian option dinner and I'll be fine.

I hit the gym today for deadlifts, and I've been debating whether or not I should be trying for a new deadlift PR, or just leaving that for now.  I'll probably try for both.  If I can hit 235 for at least 1, and then bang one rep at 285, then follow up with a couple of reps at 225 and 215, I'll be good for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment