Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The new year

First day of a brand new year, and personally, I don't feel any different about it.  Yesterday and today blend together seamlessly, and that're really how the whole year should be.

I'm officially starting my diet today, which means I'm clamping things at 1900 calories a day, workout or no.  That's going to be a big switch from the uninhibited eating I've been doing the last couple months, so there's bound to be some adjustment issues for the next week or so.

Regardless, I'm committed to this thing, however long it takes.  I'm not going to set a weekly loss goal, since I know that those are both inconsistent and also difficult to sustain.

My overall goal is to get down to about 160#, which at this point is a 35# overall drop.

It's been at least a dozen years since I've weighed that amount, so this is going to be a pretty hefty change for me.

As far as new year resolutions go, I've got a few, but I'm going to refrain from listing them here.  Too much discussion on them tends to make me feel like I've already accomplished something, and that's very far from reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment