Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Montreal?

I have been doing some planning and thinking about making a bike tour out to Montreal this year. I've been thinking September for the tour, to give me enough time to build up the riding muscles.

I'm assuming the tour will take 12 days to complete. If I want to stay in the month of September, that means I need to ride out by no later than the 18th. That gives me about 58 days of prep time to get ready.

But, I think I'd rather leave a little earlier in the month, to give me a bit better chance of warmer weather. I'm thinking the 10th is going to be a better departure date. That leaves me with only 50 days of remaining time to train, and also to pick up all of the gear that I may need for the tour.

50 days to get up to the expected daily mileage, take a couple of shakedown tours, and at the same time, get used to riding with the pack weight on the bike. That's not a lot of time, but I think it may be enough time - if I start now and take this thing just a bit seriously.

I want to do this thing. I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment