Friday, December 7, 2012

Hitting a high

Today was a heavy squat day.  I started with a rough plan, mostly with the goal of doing single lifts at heavy percentages of 1RM.

That turned into me working towards a new 1RM, and ultimately, a 1xbodyweight lift.  This is a first for me for the squat, which is a good feeling.

Bench was the other one I worked today, which was pretty good.

One of the things I've got to work on is the mental part of lifting.  Yes, 185# is heavy, but it's not unliftable.  It is something I can (and did) do.  But, the thought of the weight has to be pushed aside so that I can get to the business of doing the lifts.

Athalos says I need to jump it up to 200#.  He's still ahead of me in all the lifts, but he's probably right.  I do need to work on progression.  That will come with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment