Friday, December 14, 2012

The importance of sleep

So, I got a bit of bad sleep the last couple days. Home late from hanging out, and generally being woken a couple times a night.

So, this morning I hit the gym, and I am tired.  I couldn't muster the power to get things started, much less to push through and get the workout going.  Rest breaks took longer than normal, and generally I just felt like I was being squashed by weights when I should not have been.

Several times I had to convince myself to just push on, and try to get in all the sets, even if I knew I wasn't gonna hit the reps.  Why?  Because not doing the sets doesn't give me a break, it just stalls out my growth.  I'm going to be tired sometimes, and I'm going to want to stop sometimes.  But if I let myself get away with it once, I'll let myself get away with it more than once.  And I don't need that kind of habit starting to form.

Consistency is what I need most of all.

So, even though the workout was a bad one, and I left feeling even more tired than when I arrived, I know that it will be worth it in the end.  That by sticking to the program, I am sticking to improving myself, to making myself better.

And that's really the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment