Friday, April 30, 2010

Two Weeks

A bit late on this, as the 2 week mark was actually the 28th.

So, at the start I was 198.8#
Last week I was 200.6.# (up 1.8#)
This week I was 198.6# (down 2# from last, down 0.2# total).

So, the downward trend has finally started.

I know that my body has a couple of natural resting points with weight. Where I can eat a generally poor diet and as long as my activity level is higher than nothing, the weight will stay constant. somewhere around 198# is one of those points. So is somewhere around 210#, but I don't want to get to there.

The next stable point that I know of is about 185#. Between 198 and 185 is a tricky place for my weight. While I'm closer to 198, the weight will want to drift back up to that point. But as I get close to 185, it will want to stay near that weight instead, and should drop pretty quick to get close to it, and then slow down and stick for a couple days.

Consistency is the key here. If I eat better (like I have been trying to do), and keep up with the workouts like I have been doing, then I should be able to make progress.

There's just 8 weeks ahead of me here, which is both a long time and a short time. There's a lot between here and there. Consistency, and vigil. Those will see me to my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment