Friday, April 30, 2010

The state of things

So, I've got my two preparatory weeks out of the way, and things seem to be on track. It's been a little difficult to eat right and keep my motivation up at the same time, but I think they're going the way I want them to go.

Tomorrow really starts off the big cycle. My main goal of being at 175 by the end of July is still there. With it comes my other goal of being at 185 by the the end of June. Progress is being made on both of these.

I have been considering adding in another goal to go with these, but I think I have enough goals right now. Maybe once I'm closer to these ones.

That said, I do think I'd like to bump up the intensity of my workouts. That's a simple enough process. Take shorter rests (I've been taking pretty long rests), and put in things that are a little more challenging. I can do both of those things. But, just a bit more intensity. I need to ramp up slowly.

As a part of this, I'm going to try to add in a few exercises through the day. I'm thinking mostly about push ups (as they can be done anywhere). I'm thinking a minimum of 15 or so a day? Broken into tiny sets of 5. That should be a good start for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment