Friday, April 23, 2010

Workout Program

I could debate on things forever, and never get anything done. I'm trying pretty hard not to do too much planning, and just do a lot more doing. Still, I know I need some kind of structure, or I just spin my wheels and go nowhere.

For now, I'd like to stay away from the idea of workout goals. I usually take them on, but I find I'm a bit to aggressive in striving for them, and that usually ends up with me being injured. I'm going to make an effort to go a little more slowly.

As far as a program goes, I've been trying to frame up something loose enough to be flexible to the time I have available, while also being structured enough to keep me on track. Here's what I've got so far:

1. Warm up (2 to 3 exercises with high repetitions that get the body moving)
2. Skill work (a single specific exercise that needs the body to have energy to spare. Handstands, balance, or another specific area that needs work)
3. Workout (3 to 5 exercises, with low to medium reps to stress the body and build muscle)
4. Stretching

I'll put diet stuff in its own post later today, as I expect that to be a longer item.

No comments:

Post a Comment