Sunday, January 9, 2011

Advantages of living alone

One advantage that struck me today about the prospect of having my own apartment, is that I will be the only person in charge of the food there. Groceries in any form will be entirely based on what I choose to purchase.

This is a good thing.

I have moved before, and at each move there's been some ability to set what food goes into the house. But it has never really been my own choices before (except Ohio). There's always been other people to consider.

In Ohio, I had full choice as well, and that worked fine for the first week or so, after which I no longer cooked and bought nothing as food aside from drinks and ice cream. So, bad on me there.

This time, I am hoping to stick to a much healthier food selection. I will have some drawbacks with certain kinds of food preparation, as I will not have an oven. Hopefully I can get a toaster oven or something similar to do any kind of baking/broiling.

I am considering living a less meat-centered diet. This would probably be a good thing for me, as meat is generally more expensive than vegetables and fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment