Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Apartment again

Right. Been mulling the apartment for a couple days. Move in comes soon. Looking forward to that. Going to probably start with the basics. Keep things simple, you know?

Bed, dishes, required items for food and toiletries. That kind of simple. Even with keys in hand, I expect a full move-in to take me at least a week. I just don't have the ability to move furniture on my own, or it wouldn't be nearly as long.

I've been thinking about decor. And I've more or less come to the conclusion that I can't afford decor. No money for that sort of frippery. As it is, I'll be needing cash just to keep the basics running, like food and bus fare. Beyond that, anything else would simply be an unneeded expense. Doesn't mean I can manufacture a few things for myself. Just means that I have to really think my way through any purchase.

I have been good enough to hold off on picking up any kind of furniture for the place. Until I know how much space I have, there's no sense in putting down any cash on anything "new."

No comments:

Post a Comment