Friday, January 28, 2011

Book 3: Moving Pictures

I borrowed 3 books from the library last time I went there. Animal Farm, Maurice, der Kater, and Moving Pictures.

I started and finished Moving Pictures today. Same length, if not more than Maurice, but in English. Clearly, my reading speed is far greater in English.

Like most Terry Pratchett books, I enjoyed it quite a bit. A fun read, with interesting social commentary mixed in amongst the humour.

I tore through this book in about 5 hours of total reading time. If you like Discworld, then this book will be enjoyable to you.

I found I could identify most, but not all of the movie spoofing happening. Which is good, considering how poorly I do at that most of the time. It helps when the movies being spoofed are the older movies. Things I have probably seen spoofed before.

Still, enjoyable read. Quite nice overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment