Thursday, June 2, 2011

3G - Day 1

Well, everything started with me being 201.8#, and 110 cm around the gut. I'm tempted to say "belly" but I feel that "gut" is going to give me more impetus to get it gone.

Helpful things from today are really limited. Rainy, so I wasn't out, and being in all day meant snacking on stuff. Ate a huge bowl of chocolate cereal, which isn't helping the cause any.

General feelings are hopeful that I can do this. 12 pounds in 6 weeks shouldn't be that difficult to do. Hard, of course, but not "difficult."

I have an image on one of my computers that says "Earn your body." I've been reading that as I earn the body I have. If I eat too much, I earn the fat I carry around. If I work out, I earn the muscles I gain. What I need to do is decide which body I want to earn, and then work towards that.

Here's the rambling part:

I have a desire to be fitter, and a desire to be less heavy. Desire has never been the issue.

I know how to be more fit, the necessary steps to take, the various modes of working out and applying stress to my body. I am familiar with a variety of routines and plans and workout styles. I know how to lose weight. The process is as simple as food energy in minus total energy out equals change in overall weight. Simple. I know which foods are good for me, and which aren't, and I know that anything in too great a quantity becomes bad. I have the necessary knowledge - or at least a firm enough grounding to start things off.

I have the ability to be fitter. My body works, there's no major injury preventing me from doing what needs to be done. I have the capability to do the work required. I have the funds needed to buy good food, and to make sure that I eat only good things. I have the space to do physical workouts, a bike to ride and shoes to run in.

I have done these things before. I have been consistent with workouts, so that I have gained strength and muscle. I have been diligent with my diet so that I have lost a significant amount of weight in a reasonable amount of time. I know it is possible to be less heavy - I've been there before. I know I can be more fit. I've done it before.

So I have to ask myself, again and again. Why am I not consistent with working out? Why am I not consistent with my diet? Why do I allow myself, again and again and again to get back to the weight and fitness levels I find myself now? I know the effort it takes to shift this mass of crap off of me. Why would I ever let myself put it back on?

Why should I need the input and support of others to convince me to get this gut gone? Again! It should be enough for me to just look at myself. To know that this isn't the body I want. This isn't the way I want to look and feel. And especially since I know that it doesn't have to be like this. That I can change it. I can make it different. And it's not going to be hard to do.

Just get started, get it done. Do the work, and tell about it when it's over. Decide, then act.


No comments:

Post a Comment