Wednesday, June 8, 2011

3G - Day 8

Weight: 199.2# (change of -2.6# over last week; total of -2.6#)

Gut: 107.5cm (change of -2.5cm over last week; total of -2.5cm)

A bit disappointed that I didn't go down in weight on weigh-in day. Up by 0.2# (again). There seems to be a pattern developing of going up by 0.2, and then down by 1. Which comes up as a 0.8# loss over two days. 0.4 per day average is good, but I'm striving for 0.52 per day. To get there, I have to start putting out more effort. Both physically, and in diet.

Helping:

The run
Workout

Not Helping:

Streusel
40g bag of pretzel sticks
Mini chocolate bars

Feelings:

I said I'd be happy with any loss 2# and over per week. And I am happy, but I'm still a bit annoyed that I didn't make the 3.6# loss I'd been hoping to achieve. I'm a bit surprised that the gut shrank 2.5cm. That's a full inch down in a week. I'm down to 42 inches around, which isn't great, but is at least a number I've been at before. I'd like to get down to 36 around, as that's a size I think I can deal with. 6 inches in 5 weeks? Given this week's results, it's possible.

I do have to cop to a bit of discouragement this week. Got a comment from a friend which said "don't worry so much about the weight." I know they really meant that I should focus on just eating right and exercise, and the weight will take care of itself - but it was still a bit discouraging to hear. Keeping my weight in mind reminds me and keeps me focused.

On the uplifting side, I got some motivation from Biggest Loser Australia. The question "Have you done everything you could do?" was asked. And I have to look at myself and ask that same question. Have I done everything I could do? Or am I giving less than I should.

I earn my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment