Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Faith

Faith in what I'm doing is one of the major areas where I fall down in my self-motivation.

I know I am eating fewer than maintenance calories.  Thus, there is no way for me to actually gain weight.  I may fluctuate higher than the previous day, but I am not gaining.  Today the scale told me I was the same weight as yesterday.  And that's fine.  My scale is not very accurate, but it is consistent.

I need to have faith that eating this way, keeping track of the calories and limiting myself in order to stay within my calorie budget is ultimately going to work out.

There are a lot of areas where it feels like this may not be worth the sacrifices, but I have to keep my head up and push on.  I am committed to my plan, I know it will work, and the faith in it will bear itself out with sufficient time.

I start to fold too easily.

I am on the third day of week 2, and the notch down of 50 calories per day feels more significant than I think it should.  I'm not sure if this is a result of the change, or simply a mental thing.  Likely mental.  I'm not getting much less food.  50 calories accounts for less than half a banana's worth of food.  Of course, I'm working on the compounding angle.  50 calories over 7 days is 350 calories, which is a reasonable chunk of a daily total - but not that much more off a weekly total.

Weekly, I'm going from 11,550 down to 11,200, which should be a good starting point.

I'm going to keep tracking what I eat.  The plan, still is to try to hit 2 pounds per week loss.  This is the goal rate.  Once I achieve it, I just keep on that pace until I hit my goal weight.

Currently, I have a bit over 7.5 weeks, and 9 pounds to go.  I will get there, I just need some faith and diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment