Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 4 stats

Statistics:

Weight: 180 (-2; -5)
BF%: 20.2% (-1.6%; -1.6%)
Waist: 101 (-1; -3)
Hips: 100 (0; -2)
Chest: 103 (-2; -8)
Thigh: 60 (+1; -1)
Calf: 36 (0; +1)
Arm: 33 (0; -1)


Right, so here I am with the details from week 4.

Down the 2 pounds I was hoping to get last week. I had thought the 182 from last week was just a trick of the numbers, but no, it was apparently really there. So, losing down to 180 is good. I was 179 just before Sunday, but I'm happy with 180.

Body Fat has finally moved, which is encouraging to see.  I did a bit of thinking on the topic which helped me mentally.  I had worked out (from prior data), that I lose approximately 1 notch on the calipers for every four pounds of weight loss.  So, going from 185 to 180 means I am down those 4 pounds, and I finally get my notch.  I should have expected it about this time, but I guess I was hoping it would have hit earlier.

If the trend continues, I should get the next notch somewhere between 177 and 176 pounds.  That would put me down to 18.6%, which I feel is a massive accomplishment, but also pretty much guarantees that I will not hit the desired 15% by 175 pounds.  That's fine, I expected to have to go down to 170 anyway.

It is nice to see the other measurements have either stalled out or dropped.  Only exception this time is the Thigh, which, honestly, I'm not bothered about.  My legs are looking a little bit better all the time, so I don't mind if they decide to be bigger while the upper bit of me gets smaller.

Since I made my target loss for the week, I will not make any tweaks to the diet.  Looking over the weekly data, I notice that I was under the daily total pretty much every day last week, so I am eating under my limits and still not feeling too bad.

There's a niggling concern about dropping my metabolism rate, but I'm hoping that putting in some cardio will help with it.

On the exercise front, I am going to add on some post-workout cardio.  Not a lot, and probably not at a great intensity.  Likely I will get on the stationary bike and ride that for 15 to 20 minutes.  The overall goal is just to draw even harder from the fat stores I have.

With evening workouts, I'm going to have to figure out which day to replace my Wednesday workout.  I can either shift everything so I do Mon, Thur, Sat, or go for back to back days Mon-Tue, or Thur-Fri.  Everything else just doesn't work out as well for me.  More thinking on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment