Friday, August 17, 2012

Things are going fine

I'm on target this week so far, as long as I don't muck it up with the weekend.

Am over calories today by a bit, and hoping that I can keep everything under control for tomorrow and get to where I want to be on Sunday morning.  I figure I'll maybe go into the gym tomorrow for a bit to kick my own ass with assistance work or something.

I have been wanting to do more conditioning work, but thus far haven't done more than one evening's worth of it.  I have an aversion to doing workouts in the presence of people I know.  I don't know why.  I suppose I look silly doing whatever it is I'm doing.

Less issues working out in the gym, but then, there's usually far fewer people there, and those few which are about are often very, very involved in themselves.  They're not watching me, so I don't care.  But, here at the house, yeah, people would be watching.

Keeping to the non-workout day calories has been difficult.  I am finding things a bit harder than I'd like there, but I know that it's all part of the process.  Got to push myself to get down to where I want to be.

I just reviewed last week's calories, and I was apparently farther down than I thought.  This week, I'm riding much closer to the line on the calories day to day, so I can only hope to get down low enough on Sunday to not have to nudge things again.  Nudging would probably make me rather grumpy.

Worst bit for food is that my protein shakes on the workout days are about 500 calories.  Which, effectively leaves me with 1300 other calories in the day.  Less than on my non-workout days.  So, I actually have less that I can eat on a workout day, instead of more.

I've been thinking of cutting out the milk part of the shake, as that would at least give me some kind of break on the calorie amount.

The longer I'm on this diet, the more I feel like it isn't the right way to go about changing my body composition.  I'm hoping that's simply a false belief.  That I just need to keep going like I am and things will work out fine.  Regardless, I've set my goals, and I do not intend to break from them.  This is only the third week out of nine, so there is a lot of time left for changes to happen.

Like I've said before, if I just keep going with what I'm doing, eventually it will work it's way through to where I am trying to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment