Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just a blip

My weight was down to 184 again this morning, as expected.  This, however, bodes poorly for the week.  I should be around 183 at this point if there's much chance of hitting 182 by Sunday.

Though my diet records show me being under on each of the days, I am likely underestimating the amount of food or calories in what I'm eating.  This is of course simply going to undermine my efforts to lose weight at an acceptable pace.

Today's food is turning out problematic.  I planned to eat a couple of wraps for lunch, made from chicken and cheese and avocado.  Surprisingly, each wrap works out to about 650 calories, which leaves me with only a couple hundred other calories for the day.  This seems a difficult proposition, as a single meal is an unlikely thing, and I'm not sure what choices I can make which won't put me over by at least 200 calories on the day.

Better planning seems in order if this diet thing is going to work.

My current expectation for the end of the week is to end up around 183, again, short of my 2 pounds per week goal, but still moving in a downward direction.  Another nudge is likely, bringing me to 1750/1400, which I feel is starting to push on to the bottom limit of daily food.  1400 seems drastically low - but I suppose that remains to be seen.

I am giving a lot of thought to adding on at least a couple days of cardio to try to nudge the output calories upwards as well.  Likely, I will add the cardio regardless of the outcome of Sunday's weighing.

No comments:

Post a Comment