Thursday, May 20, 2010

Least to Beast?

I had considered titling this "Run fat boy! Run!" but decided against it, as running is only a part of the whole package.

As I've been saying all week, I've been thinking I need to make a change. To be accurate, a lot of changes. I'm looking at a change in diet, workout routine, type and intensity, and a change in overall attitude towards fitness.

To do this, I'm simply going to lay out a set of goals, and work towards them. I don't want to flood myself with stretch goals, but I do want to have a goal that is going to take some effort, and a goal that should be immediately achievable (or at least achievable within a week or so).

Diet:

Mission Statement: Eat better.
Main Goals: Less starches, more fruit and veg, more protein.
Current Goal: More fruit, minimum of 1 per day.

Workout:

Mission Statement: Strength and fitness. Better look.
Main Strength Goals: Lift weights. Weighted squat, bench press, shoulder press.
Current Strength Goal: Join gym.

Main Cardio Goals: Run 3 miles under 20:00.
Current Cardio Goal: Start 5 times a week "get back to running" program.

Main Bodyweight Goals: 50 pushups, 20 pull ups
Current Bodyweight Goal: Start 3 week pushup builder program.

Weight:

Mission Statement: Be lighter.
Main Goal: Weigh 175# by end of July.
Current Goal: Weight 185# by end of June.

I realize that I'm adding on 4 new goals for myself, bringing myself to 5. But I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment