Friday, May 14, 2010

Push up, sit up, run

Those are the main areas tested in the US army physical fitness test (PFT). You have to score a minimum of 50 points in each area to pass the PFT. Here's what someone my age would need:

Push up (2 minutes): 26 (36.. 75)
Sit up (2 minutes): 34 (42.. 76)
2 mile run: 18:48 (17:42.. 13:18)

The values there are minimums, then the value for 60 points (above average) and lastly the value for a full 100 points.

While I'm not going into the army, police or any other department, I think it'd be good to be fit enough to enter if I wanted. I'm thinking that these numbers should be something to work towards. If not set as actual goals, they should at least be something I consider and maybe check against from time to time.

I don't know where my current standings might be at this time, but I can pretty much guarantee that I'd have difficulties getting the minimum standards. I may have to set aside some time this weekend to test myself, and see where I am.

References:


No comments:

Post a Comment