Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Anime

Spent most of the evening finishing off anime series on Crunchyroll, and also trying to get ahead of the free streaming dates for other series I haven't been keeping up on. I'd have to say anime is one of my favourite things to watch. Animation is a very interesting thing for me, mostly because there's so many things that can be done with animation that would be too costly or impossible to do with regular film. I'd like to make something animated some day, but before that can happen, there's so many other things that I would need to learn. Drawing, principles of animation, story writing, storyboarding, and then all of the directorial and editing things that are needed in order to make even a very short film. I know there are a number of animation schools out there, but I don't think I'd have the time or skill to really try them. You have to have at least some amount of drawing skill - and while I can sketch, I don't feel that I could draw well enough. But, maybe well enough isn't needed, so long as you're consistent enough. Maybe I'll just try it out one day. There's nothing at risk other than embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment