Saturday, January 14, 2017

Workouts and more thoughts

Yesterday's workout was again an hour of cardio. I'm already finding it terribly boring, though it does the job I need it to do. Burn energy. I saw a video by Buzzfeed about people trying a superhero workout for a month, and the results they got from it. My brain has combined that with another video about workouts I saw recently, which was 100 days of workouts. So, I'm wondering whether or not I could commit to and do a 100 day, superhero workout. I've figured out that between Jan 21 and April 30 is 100 days. That's in line with my overall timeline and schedule, and leaves me with months of time afterwards before my Thor deadline. If things don't go well, then I still have time to work on the rest of it. So, it fits in fine as far as that goes. My main concern would be whether or not I could commit to 100 days of workouts. A workout of some kind, every day, for 100 days? What does a plan like that look like? And a superhero focus? What's that mean, exactly? Well, the notion in my head is that 100 days of workouts means a balance of strength work and cardio work. So, not every day would be lifting, but there would be days of just cardio of some kind. A superhero focus could go one of two ways. The first would be working out with an eye to build a body shape that is similar to that of superheros. Accentuate muscles, get body fat down, etc. The second notion would be working out in a way that is consistent with the kinds of things superheros have to do. Lift heavy things, pull, throw, jump and fight. Add in cardio for running and endurance, and that's the superhero set. The second goal very much appeals to me, and aligns well with the 100 days notion. The endurance and cardio work can be rest days from the heavier lift/pull/throw work. Fighting is just cardio work, really. Done right, with the right focal areas, this kind of workout should also do all the things the first notion covers. Shape and form the body. I'm going to keep the notion alive in my mind for a bit, and do some more thinking on it. Likely, I'll go for it, but I do want to see how the current plan is progressing before leaping off it onto something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment