Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Changing up the workout

Tried doing a bit of strength work before the cardio today. I think it'll work out fine, but it does mean I end up more hungry afterwards. That's expected, and what I should be feeling, so I won't worry too much about it. Today was just some OHP, and then an hour on the bike. I started off going for 45 minutes, but chided myself on slacking. Been doing a bit more thinking on the 100 days thing. I do feel like 100 days would be worthwhile. Certainly, doing some kind of workout or activity for 100 days in a row would make a difference. My only issue is the amount of time commitment that implies. At a minimum hour of whatever I choose to do, it means my evenings are suddenly very short, or they run very late. Neither is the best place for me to be. Then, of course, there's the next level. The 100 days of superhero workouts. That would mean doing a lot of stuff targeted towards getting me a superhero body - and not one like The Blob. It would require a fair bit of planning to make up a 7 day a week schedule that would rotate the body parts enough to keep me from burning any particular part out, while also being enough work to actually make a difference. There's a few spots where I'd be bound to find some issues if the workload was hard enough to make any impact. Particularily my knees, elbows and wrists. All parts I really need to have working if I want to have any kind of a good day. I'm pretty close to decided that I will do the 100 days of workouts, but I haven't decided on the intensity. Today's art class was interesting. A nice older gent. Tattooed and pierced quite a bit. For someone in their 60's he was a lot more decorated than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment